It’s been a good week, but a seriously long one. At the end of each day, I’m just exhausted from thinking and concentrating all day, as opposed to my normal staring into space for 40 hours a week. I vowed to myself that I would get more sleep while I’m out here in Texas, but that hasn’t happened. I have no idea what I’m doing until after midnight, but I guess it’s important enough to stay awake for. Here’s a few things that have been going on:
1. I wanted to say hi to all the new folks that stopped by after seeing my Blogger on the Run feature. Hi new folks! Speaking of that feature, I just wanted to mention that my husband is not a dentist. I made a joke in the interview about how he likes to talk about root canals more than running and it apparently translated into his new profession.
Now that I think about it, he has been offering to inspect people’s tonsils lately.
Anyway, I assure you if he was a dentist, I would not be in Texas working right now. I would be in a day spa. Forever.
2. All of your comments on that feature gave me such warm fuzzies and put me in a awesome mood. All.day.long. I felt awesome enough that I decided not to skip my workout after all and had a kick ass 5 mile speed run.
- 4 x 400 @ 8:34
- 4 x 400 @ 8:20
So thank YOU all for the inspiration to have the best run I’ve had in months.
3. This was my lunch on Wednesday. It’s a Cobb salad.
God bless you, Texas.
4. I’m driving into Austin today with a couple of my co-worker friends. I’ll be sight-seeing for a little while since I’ve never been there and then I have some plans to meet up with this girl.
Two of my favorite things, right there in that picture. I’ve been reading her blog for a least a year now and she’s one of those people you feel like you know even though you’ve never met in person. Probably because I stalk her. But that’s another story. Anyway, we have a hot date tomorrow night that I’m excited about and is sure to be a good time.
5. My trainer texted me a Crossfit workout that I was supposed to do yesterday. Then I ended up blogging and eating Twizzlers and cookies. And then I had my way with the jar of peanut butter.
Eh, you can’t win them all.
So for all of you who have been to Austin before, what should I do while I’m there?