Last night, I was eating a Morningstar corn dog and slathering it in spicy mustard when I noticed something:
I thought 2 things:
- Wow, I’ve had that mustard a long time. I hope I don’t get sick.
- I’ve already eaten half of the corn dog with it. Might as well eat the rest!
My husband is SUPER weird about eating anything expired or close to expired. He says it’s my fault he’s so sensitive about food now because I flipped when I found out his family used to order pizza and keep the leftovers on the kitchen counter for 3 days and still eat it on the 3rd day. *shudder* Now, he won’t even touch left overs if they are over 1 or 2 days old.
Well, I decided to do some investigative work. If the mustard is expired, what else do I have that’s expired?
If something expires in the same year that you are living in (banana peppers) does that mean it’s really expired? I’m thinking no.
By the way, this is just the things I grabbed quickly. But when I started moving things around, I found this:
Yeah, it’s just mac and cheese, but that date has to be there for a reason right? I get rid of clothes I don’t wear for 3 years, I don’t know why it’s so hard to get rid of 3 year old food.
Anyway, now that I have that expired food thing off my chest, I can get to Monday Mini Miracles.
When I decided to start Monday Mini Miracles as a regular blog post, I was having an awesome Monday. Finding the good in today is proving much more challenging. So let’s get to it.
1. There was cake in the kitchen at work again. I did not have any, even after Becky IMed me specifically to tell me it was delicious. You know what else I didn’t have? This stuff…
All of that is sitting at my desk right now. I assure you that the package with the two missing peeps came that way.
2. Hubs says I need to drink more water. Or more specifcally, he says I’m really great at pounding 3 huge glasses of water in one sitting but I need to space it throughout the day. So today, I had 3 glasses of water at work…sipped throughout the day.
3. I ate really well today. I considered leaving this off the list since the day isn’t over and Hubs brought home 3 packages of Peeps. They are the chic Peeps too. We all know the chics taste better than the bunnies.
What’s your Monday Mini Miracle? My Monday Mini Miracles were kinda lame but today was lame. So, I know you have to have something better than me.
Do you eat expired mustard, soup, salad dressings, crackers, mac and cheese? What is your expired food limit? (I think I’m pretty leniant on things like pancake mixes and sauces. I found a pretty old bottle of Taco Bell hot sauce I’m still thinking of eating…)