I spent so much time whining in the last post that I forgot to tell you the cool stuff about the weekend. Stuff that didn’t make me cry in a grocery store. So, let’s do that now. 🙂
1. Friday, I got my hair done. Yes, again. It’s a sickness. I haven’t had my hair cut in over 6 months, so I had it trimmed and had my layers shaped up. And I went back to red. My goal is to eventually look like Emma Stone and take over her career of being adorable.
You’ve already seen that picture if you like the blog Facebook page. Sorry I’m too lazy to take a new picture. Or smile. I am however, not too lazy to spend 10 minutes finding an Instagram filter that covers up all my wrinkles.
2. My stylist told me that if you want to keep your color longer, use a sulfate-free shampoo and wash your hair in cold water. I bought this stuff at the salon.
It was really expensive ($18) but it smells like angels. Plus I like to say the name of the shampoo really loud in the shower every time I use it.
3. After I bought my $18 shampoo, I found a whole line of sulfate-free shampoos and conditioners from L’Oreal at the grocery store for less than half the price. So I bought some of that too.
I’m not really a “rosemary mint” type of girl, but this stuff smells really fresh. And it’s one of the few conditioners that allows me to actually brush through my hair without little pieces breaking off and covering the counter top with hair balls.
4. I’m not sure if it’s because I just had my hair trimmed and it’s looking more healthy because of that or if it’s my new hair products, but HOT DAMN my hair isn’t frizzy and dry anymore. It’s so soft that I want to take the day off so I can go home and touch it all day.
That’s me today. Blow dried only and no hair products. But, it doesn’t look red or highlighted there. What gives?
I feel like I should apologize to my 5 male readers for talking about my hair so much but I doubt they made it this far. At least I’m not talking about pooping this time.
5. Friday night, hubs and I went to see Orlando Jones at the Improv. It was a last minute thing since we scored free tickets a couple days earlier. Orlando Jones has been in a ton of movies and guested on a lot of TV shows, but he’s probably most famous for being the 7-Up guy. (Remember “make 7-Up yours?”) Anyway, neither of us thought his stand-up was that funny but we thought it was super cool how appreciative he is of all his fans. He thanked everyone for being at the show and even stayed afterwards for pictures and autographs. Oh looky! A new picture for my Celebrities page.
Anyway, he was seriously one of the nicest, most sincere celebrities I’ve met. He wanted to talk to everyone and shake everyone’s hand. He just seemed like a really good guy.
6. This girl posted the Tower of Terror 10-miler medal on her Facebook page, which just happens to be the next race I’m registered for. It glows in the dark and has a freakin’ working elevator.
I think I just peed my pants a little.